WBmerge Technical FAQ
What are the WBmerge System Requirements?
Windows Operating System Supported – Windows 7 or higher (Will not run on Windows Server)
Computer CPU – No specific CPU requirement
Computer Memory – 2 GB recommended (larger merges will require larger amounts of memory)
Please note that low disk space can cause numerous Windows system problems including affecting the performance and behavior of WBmerge.
What Microsoft Excel file formats does WBmerge support?
Wbmerge supports the. XSLS file format, it does not support the older .XLS file format.
WBmerge will not work with macro enabled workbooks (. XSLM) due to security.
Workbook to Merge Requirements:
• Worksheet Columns must have Headers Names
• Worksheet Names must match exactly (Case sensitive check made)
• Worksheet Column Header Names must match exactly (Case sensitive check made)
• Worksheet Name cannot contain "WBmerge-Results"
• Column Name cannot contain "WBmerge-Key"
Supported File Types
• .XLSX (Excel 2007 and higher Default Excel File Type)
Non-Support File Types:
• .XLS (Excel 97-2003 Workbook)
• .XLSX (Strict Open XML Document) Looks like an XLSX workbook but is not the same internal format
• .XLSM (Macro enabled Excel Workbook)
• .XLSB (Binary Excel Workbook)
• .ODS (Open Document Spreadsheet)
• .CSV (Comma Separated Text File)
• .XML (Extensible Markup Language File)
• The program cannot open password protected Workbooks.
• The program can read password protected worksheets.
• The program can read hidden worksheets and Columns
• The program can read worksheets marked Very Private